Friday, July 15, 2011

Fun with Glimmer Mist

I liked the red, white and blue paper in this month's kit. And the patterns were my kind of fun - polka dots, stripes and more.

When I was putting together my layouts I kept reaching for a sheet of white cardstock as the background. And while I thought white was the best choice, it seemed a little stark, a little drab to me.

So I grabbed my stash of glimmer mists. I have to admit, I have been more of a collector than a user of glimmer mist ... until now. Once I gave them a try I really liked the look - and ended up using them on most of my projects for the month.

Here's two of them:

In this layout I used the Dark Denim color. I decided to add the glimmer mist after I had adhered everything to my layout. How to protect the photos? I just placed a scrap piece of paper over them. After spraying a couple of pumps I pulled the sprayer out of the bottle and made a few larger drops on the page.


I liked the look of the glimmer mist so much on my first layout I wanted to use it again. Howevr, this time I started off by spraying my background first. I was a little more lighthanded with the Dark Denim color on my "b*day" layout, adding it in with a bit of red and light blue (I think it was Robin's Egg). I think it looks festive :)

No comments: