Saturday, July 2, 2011

Using large sized photos

This month's design team kit was all about the red, white and blue. I loved it! I took this picture of my son Logan during his last soccer game of the season (he was named Captain for the game~hence the title). I like the photo so much that I decided that I would blow it up on this layout. I used a kraft colored cardstock for my background and added the dotted red paper from the My Mind's Eye American Made paper line~it worked perfectly to tie together the red of his uniform. I really enjoyed the Jenni Bowlin Star Banner stickers that I used for my title. I covered the chipboard star that we got with some white acrylic paint and covered it with UTEE (the Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel). I put the 13 board piece from Tim Holtz on the star to show Logan's soccer number (and also to tie in the red).


One of the other things I enjoy about using large print photos is that you can do your journaling right on it ( I always make a copy of the photo and don't use the original!) I really like the way it looks. For this journaling I just used a fine point Sharpie marker. It works really well.

Stop by Scrapbooks Plus this month and check out the DT wall. You will be amazed at the beautiful projects done by the design team!

Enjoy!
Lisa

No comments: