Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bonus in packaging!

 I like to add a little bling to my layouts.  I picked up these red and blue BoBunny jewels to coordinate with the design team red, white and blue themed papers this month.  When I bought them I thought, great- some extra bling for my layouts!  What I didn't count on was that the packaging could become a layout element.  The theme of 'reduce, reuse and recycle' that's so 'in' now has always been a mantra of mine.  I'm the recycler of items at our house-- we never throw out jars or anything that could be washed, have the labels removed and reused to contain some yummy treat and great new custom label for a special friend.  I like the challenge of finding new, different or unique uses for items instead of throwing them away.  So when I removed these jewels from the packaging and saw this...
 I just couldn't resist!  It has to be used on a page!  The bottom edge has a nice scallop and the colors were perfect with the DT papers this month!  So, I cut off the top label and it became my journaling tag on my layout! 
I challenge you to look for fun ways to reuse your packaging instead of tossing it out! 

No comments: