Wednesday, July 6, 2011

American Youth


Do you ever find something at the scrapbook store that you absolutely love but have no need for it. Well that is exactly what happened with this American Youth tag on my layout. My kids were babies when I came across this embellishment and at the time I had no project to use it on. I decided I loved it enough to go ahead and pick it up and store it away in my stash for another day. So glad I did!



Some people will say that the trends change and that if you buy something to save for later you will never use it. That has not been my experience at all. This Film Strip Ribbon that is currently stocked at SBP is the perfect compliment to my kraft colored tag. I personalized it by stamping A&C in Archival Ink on the film strip and backing it. I had two choices here: I could paint the back of that block to make the lettering stand out or I could use a bit of Glossy Accents to adhere a colored paper to it which is what I did.



As a simple way to journal I used a tag from 7 gypsies and checked the box that said "No Substitutions." I love jounaling tags. Every time I see a set of tags I like I pick them up and keep them in my stash. We all know that in the scrapbooking industry once a product is gone its gone so you've got to get it while you can. So how do I keep my stash organized? I have a small drawer where I keep all of my journaling accents. In the drawer there are journaling spots, envelopes and file folders for hidden journaling, preprinted and plain tags, pretty printed quotes and the list goes on. Anything that could inspire my journaling on a layout is in the drawer. I look through it frequently and I am constantly inspired my the little treasures I find.

No comments: