Monday, July 11, 2011

Freedom

Here is my layout based on this month's page map.
I had a lot of fun using different mediums and techniques to make this layout. The title is stamped using different Color Box Cat's Eye ink colors.



I covered the chip board flag with Fired Brick Distress Crackle Paint. I made the pin wheels out of some of the different double sided papers in the kit. They are so simple to make. I just cut a square, you can make it any size (I think this one was 2.5x2.5.)

Then I cut slits from each corner toward the center stopping 1/2 inch from the center. I then folded the left corner of each of the new triangles down toward the center and pierced a brad through the center to hold each corner secure. I attached them each to a stick I picked up at the beauty supply store.


I made my own little banner of flags using small chipboard triangles, string and patterned paper. The blue ruffle is made out of a ribbon that I pleated and adhered between the bottom paper and the paper strip I used across the top of the LO. I love the dimension all of these simple things bring to the design.

No comments: