Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy 4th of July Card


I hope everyone's enjoying the holiday weekend! Here's a quick card with a twist - a spinning star. This card is really easy to make, but looks like you took a long time.

To make this I took a chipboard star and traced it on two different pattern papers. I adhered one piece to the chipboard and the other side glued a piece of baker's twine before adhering the paper. I then took my paper and cut out a circle just a bit larger than the star on all three of my papers.

To assemble the card, I centered the star in the middle of the circle on the blue cardstock, then taped the twine above and below the circle pulling it tight. Then I adhere the remaining two layers of paper on top, covering up the tape.

I added a few small embellishments to both sides of the star and I was done!

No comments: