Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Using masks


I have to admit, I have a new obsession. I love to use masks on my designs. I love how they can add dimension to any design. Prima and Crafter's Workshop both have some really great masks that you can use~ and Scrapbooks Plus carries them both!

For this layout I used masks from both Crafter's Workshop and Prima. The harlequin mask on the backgroud pages is from Crafter's Workshop and the circular floral mask from Prima. I loved the way the Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist worked with it. You can use a variety of different mediums with masks- some of my favorites are using Glimmer Mist (which is probably my favorite!), paint, using an ink pad directly on it and using modeling paste with it.

Enjoy!
Lisa

2 comments:

Karen Bearse said...

Love the masking!!!!

Katie said...

I love your layout! The masking technique you used looks amazing! I love the vines above and below the picture and the harlequin on the side. It looks great! Now I need to buy some masks. I always go into the store and look at them and walk away. No longer!

Thanks for sharing!

Katie B.