Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Letter

When I saw the Vicki B Bubbly paper I knew I was going to punch all of those fun little circles out and place them around the edge of a circle layout. I have never done a circle layout before but I really had fun with it.

I was going through photos for the layout when I came across this letter my daughter wrote to Mary Pope Osbourne, the author of the Magic Tree House series. This is one of those instances where I had a great story and even a piece of memorabilia to tell a great story but no photos so I set up a little photo shoot and took some photos to tell this story.




The Bo Bunny papers were so colorful that the letter Aubrey wrote using an envelope from one of the bills was looking out of place. I used some strips of Basic Grey's Basics white papers and it worked. These papers have been retired but are still available. If you haven't gotten your hands on them you must and soon before they are all gone.






I used the alphas that came on the Combo Stickers sheet and an arrow I cut using my silhouette to draw attention to the addressed envelop itself as well as the sweet little letter inside. I love how the arrow and the shape of the layout take your eye so simply and perfectly around the layout. This was my first round layout but it will not be my last!

No comments: