Monday, May 30, 2011

Glimmer Mist & Etched Glass Add Variety to Your Page


This page used lots of fun scrapbooking techniques and displays 6 pictures of the City Botanical Garden in Brisbane, Australia. The pictures include green, pink and orange, so the Vicki B papers were perfect.

I picked my 6 best pictures from a day at the City Botanical Garden in Brisbane, Australia and printed small ones (2 ½” x 3 1/4”) pictures. This was really easy in Windows Photo Gallery. I just selected the pictures I wanted to print from the more than 100 I took and chose wallet size pictures. I printed on 8 ½” x 11” photo paper. (Up to 9 wallet sized pictures can be printed on same page.)

I matted the pictures on a piece of Loverly (tan side) leaving a ¼” margin on 3 sides and a ¾” margin on the right side. To make the paper a little more interesting and to complement the pictures and other papers better, I spritzed it with Peach Delight Glimmer Mist. I added a slightly larger (9 ½” x 8 7/8”) mat of Florilicious. This was also Glimmer Misted with the Peach Delight. A border from the sticker set was added to the right side of the mat after spraying. I added a third mat of Bazzillion (brown side) 10” x 9 3/8”.

The flowers on the Florilicious paper are gorgeous so I cut some of them out to use as embellishments. After cutting out the flowers, I sprayed them lightly with Peach Delight Glimmer Mist. I affixed them to the page and then cut along the edge of the paper so that only part of each flower is used.

On the left side of the paper, I added a strip of Bazzillion (brown side) to provide a base for some more decorations.

To go with my garden theme, I embossed the glass squares with butterflies. This technique is easy and fun. Simply stamp your image with VersaMark or Perfect Medium on the frosted side of the glass square. Emboss with clear Embossing powder as usual and you have the appearance of etched glass. To provide a frame, I covered each piece of glass with a piece of Florilicious with a window cut out. (I used Sizzix Frame, Slide Mounts & Coin Holder Die, but you could just as easily just cut out a square the size of the glass and then punch out a square or circle.) These were also glimmer misted so that they match the flowers on the page. I placed one at the top and one at the bottom of the brown strip. Flora Doodles Earthtone butterflies in between the glass squares complete the border.

A box from the Vicki B. Cut Outs provides the space for the page title. The title is created using letters from the sticker set. The Stop and Smell the Flowers message from the Vicki B. Cut outs reminded me of the lovely afternoon that I simply walked around Brisbane’s City Botanical Gardens.

No comments: