Monday, May 2, 2011

for the love of orange


I have a son who absolutely loves the color orange. Not sure why but he really does. When I saw the orange in the Vicki B paper I immediately thought of him and decided to do a layout of his love of orange.

For the background I used Florilicious and Stripe papers. I used my sewing machine to give some added texture and to hold the papers together. For the heart that was cut out of Grungeboard, I painted it with a red acrylic paint~ but it didn't quite look the way I wanted it to. I had read and seen how you can sew on Grungeboard but had never tried it~ so I did and I love the way it came out!!! I used some white acrylic ink to accent the heart and make it stand out against the background. I then sprayed some Perfect Pearls mist on the layout and I was finished!

Enjoy!
Lisa

1 comment:

Karen said...

Love it love it!