Saturday, May 28, 2011

Mixing Papers


I was looking through the new wall at the store last month and came across another Bo Bunny line - Ad Lib. I grabbed a piece of Verbiage paper, loving the fun feel of it. And lucky for me, the colors were a good match with several of the papers from this month's kit.

So, using the back sides of the Stripe paper, I started building my layout. I used a large chunk of the Ad Lib paper across the middle, followed by a scrap of KI Memories calendar die-cut paper (great for journaling!) and a another find from the store, a piece of Basic Grey that matched all the colors in the Ad Lib.

To help anchor the layout, I used a scrap strip of the Bazzillion paper. I made it a bit more interesting by stamping over it and applying Perfect Pearls powder in pure patina. Finally, I added a bit of Bo Bunny rub-ons on the side. I grabbed some older Thickers for my title, changing their color by painting them with Adirondack Paint Dabbers.

And here's a design note: repetition is good. I repeated dark vertical lines on my layout three times - the two strips of paper and the rub-ons. The brown edge of the die cut paper also counts, although it's curved and not straight. And, if you notice in my photos, there are many vertical(ish) lines -- the chains holding the tire swing.

No comments: