Saturday, April 16, 2011

True Beauty & Oh So Lovely




Sunshine and warm weather are right around the corner and for most of us this means scrapbooking takes a back seat. We trade our cricuts and distress inks in for a beach towel and sunscreen. As a result, our pictures begin piling up and we fall behind. However, I have great news; there is a solution to this problem. Head to Scrapbooks Plus right away and stock up on this month’s Design Team featured collection – the Mabel line by My Mind’s Eye Stella Rose. These AWESOME papers and embellishments make stunning summer layouts! So keep on scrapbooking while April showers bring May flowers, and by the time July rolls around you’ll have dozens of pre-made layouts just waiting for your fabulous summer pictures. Don’t fret about having the “right” pictures now because these papers are sure to match all of your summer photos perfectly.

I chose to use this collection to highlight several Alaska pictures. This past May, my husband and I took an Alaskan cruise. It was an awesome vacation; we loved the Alaskan landscape, as well as the cruise itself. I’ve been looking forward to scrapbooking this trip, but just haven’t had the time to start. The Mabel line was just perfect for my pictures; and now that I’ve started, I can’t wait to finish scrapbooking my trip!

Materials: Patterned Paper: Mabel – Play Silly Stripe, Joy Crocheted, So Sweet Plait, So Sweet Herringbone and Joy Woodgrain; Solid Paper: Bazzill; Flourishes: KaiserCraft; Ribbon: May Arts and Offray; Lace: Prima; Embellishments: My Mind’s Eye – Mabel Love Label Stickers and Gertie Friends Forever Layered Chipboard; Tim Holtz – Trinket Pins; Gate House – Decorative Clasp (purchased from Lowe’s hardware section; could use Graphic 48 hinges for same effect); Flowers: Petaloo and Prima Letters: came from personal supply, suggest using Scrapbooks Plus Thickers in Chocolate for same effect.

I also chalked the edges of my paper and picture mats and added a bit of machine stitching.

TFL, Erica

1 comment:

Karen Bearse said...

Yet another ridiculously beautiful layout!!! you got skills girl.