Sunday, April 24, 2011

Scrapper's block

This month personally was completely hectic for me. I couldn't get into my craft room until 2 days before the Design Team kit was due. When I finally was able to get in, I was suffering complete scrapper's block. So, to kick start my creativity I decided to go through my albums and find some layouts that I really liked and recreate them with this month's paper from My Mind's Eye.

I loved the die cut paper from the Mabel line. Like I said it reminded me of a layout from 2009 that I did with an SEI line of paper. It was perfect for a scraplift of the same design. Here are the two layouts so you can see how I scraplifted my own design!

Here is the original layout using SEI paper from December 2009:


Here is the layout I did using the papers from My Mind's Eye:

I apologize for the bad photo. I will get to the store tomorrow and repost the photo~ for some reason it keeps wanting to post upside down!

But as you can see, the layouts are practically the same. I used the white flower ribbon from American Crafts and "painted" it with Wild Honey Distress Stain to mimic the snowflakes from the original layout. I used the journaling block from My Mind's Eye to mimic the "peace" title. Love the way it came out! I also used some to the Glassine paper from Tim Holtz as my photo mat and attached it with the Tiny Attacher also from Tim Holtz.

Enjoy!
Lisa

No comments: