Monday, April 4, 2011

Stamp Addict

I love the newest My Minds Eye paper collections-so much fun & kudos to Deb Mahken for pulling this kit together in no time. The paper line she had methodically chosen along with lots of good bling did not arrive in time due to "warehouse issues". This is part of the joy for us! She managed to pull together a kit from what was in the store which is never easy, as quite often there are not enough pieces in stock.

This was my page map layout for the month. I turned it sideways & made just a few tweaks. For this layout I decided to tell the story of me! So often I am scrapping my kids, our family... well this is the story of my latest addiction in the line of scrappin. I had a lot of fun making this layout because I felt the nature of the layout allowed me to go overboard in the stamping department. Well at least I had a good excuse this time! I started with the beautiful love letter paper from the Mabel collection as my background. Next I toned down the paper a bit by doing a white wash with gesso. I stamped like crazy all over using all kinds of my favs & distress inks as well as stazon. Next I punched circles using more of the "mabel" papers. I stamped my background paper with teal stazon & than stamped the circle I created. After lining the stamp up simply adhere the circle on top. This is a great way to get an even stamp on your page & helps this element pop. Using a border punch on the bottom of the photos adds another cool layer. Once the photos were down it was time to emboss.
I stamped the THoltz circle stamp with embossing ink & added metallic gold then heat embossed-a simple bit of bling. The title was of course stamped, distressed & adhered. For the journal portion print out your words & cut-out. Here I swiped my pieces with distress stain-that was so quick & easy! Be sure to stop by ScrapbooksPlus & check out the design team wall!
Supplies used:
Paper-My Minds Eye
Stamps- Tim Holtz (Stampers Anon), StampinUp, JudiKins, Incadinkado, Crafty Secrets
Ink-Broken China, Teal StazOn,
Distress Stain-broken china.

No comments: