Saturday, April 2, 2011

Stella Rose and Tim Holtz


This month's DT kit contained papers were from the Stella Rose collection by My Mind's Eye. I loved working with it! I loved the color combinations- orange, teal blue and brown. So much fun.
I have to admit I am a Tim Holtz fan. I love his products~ on this canvas I used a bunch.

For the background I used the Gertie You and Me paper. I adhered it down with some Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi-Medium, distressed it with some sand paper and then inked it with some Distress Ink in Vintage Photo. I used the scrap piece from the paper turned it over and adhered it to the side. To distress the ribbon I used the new Distress Stains also in Vintage Photo.
I cut an Umbrella Man out of 2 different papers- the bottom was a brown cardstock and the top was made from Tim's new Kraft Glassine paper. I popped the two images together. The quote I used is actually from a Tim Holtz stamp set that I have- the stamped image wasn't going to be big enough so I hand wrote it. The flourish stamp in the top corner is also from Stampers Anonymous.

Stop by Scrapbooks Plus and check out the awesome DT wall to see the designer's projects and while you're there check out the great selection of Tim Holtz/Ranger products that they carry.
Enjoy!
lisa

No comments: