Friday, April 8, 2011

Carefree Day & Remember




Looking for vibrant, cheerful and fun summer paper and embellishments? If so, head to Scrapbooks Plus and check out this month’s Design Team featured collection. The Mabel line of papers and embellishments from My Mind's Eye's Stella Rose are BEAUTIFUL! The line has a colorful variety of double-sided papers and dozens of matching embellishments to choose from. I enjoyed mixing and matching these items to create just the right page to highlight my pictures.

I chose to use this collection to highlight several Alaska pictures. This past May, my husband and I took an Alaskan cruise. It was an awesome vacation; we loved the Alaskan landscape, as well as the cruise itself. I’ve been looking forward to scrapbooking this trip, but just haven’t had the time to start. The Mabel line was just perfect for my pictures; and now that I’ve started, I can’t wait to finish scrapbooking my trip!

Materials: Patterned Paper: Mabel – Play Damask, Love Letters, Little Lady Fine Flowers, Joy Woodgrain and BoBunny – Coffee Dot; Solid Paper: Bazzill; Flourishes: KaiserCraft; Ribbon: May Arts; Lace: Prima; Embellishments: My Mind’s Eye – Decorative Brads and Hattie Buddies Layered Chipboard; Tim Holtz – Muse Tokens; Flowers: Petaloo, Prima and KaiserCraft

I also chalked the edges of my paper and picture mats and added a bit of machine stitching.

TFL, Erica

1 comment:

Megan said...

Beautiful layout! I love these colors together and they worked so well with your photos.