Saturday, April 30, 2011

Creating a Sea Layout




I had fun with this month’s page map, which is available at the store. I liked the proposed placement of a trio of pictures so I began there. I had three pictures that went well with the papers. I went with a theme-based layout to tell the story of an attempted fishing trip that was miserable due to “Rough Seas.”

A few elements worth noting. As you know, I am a big fun a canvas and that seemed to fit with a nautical theme so I cut “SEAS” for my title out of a piece of canvas and raveled the edges. I put a bit of brown paper behind the letters so that the letters would pop a bit more. For the “rough,” I used another favorite. I cut the letters out of grungepaper and embossed them with vintage photo embossing powder. The anchors were made using the same technique.

The page map had a line near the bottom. I decided to use the “sea” for the bottom section of the page. To create the sea, I cut several strips of paper with the top being wavy out of the turquoise side of “Little Lady” Fine Flowers paper. To create the white caps on top, I distressed the edges of the waves. I glued this to the background at varying levels, overlapping the strips.

Journaling was done on cream cardstock. To make it fit the colors and theme better, I distressed it with three colors of Distress Ink (Vintage Photo, Scattered Straw & Wild Honey).

Just a few Stella and Rose Brads completed the page.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Nice page_love the anchors!