Sunday, November 21, 2010

Riga, Latvia

When I was an athlete I had the unbelievably good fortune to train for a month in Riga, Latvia. This Baltic country at the time was still under the rule of the former Soviet Union. It was before the wall fell but I was there to watch some of history as the cracks in the wall were starting to show. This city was beautiful but had some decay after 40 years of neglect. I would love to go back to see it today.
This page map layout has a lot of Tattered Angels products on it. The color is beautiful & shimmery which doesn't show up well in the photo, so stop by the store & check out what the designers have done this month with this gorgeous paper line by Teresa Collins, chosen by Esther.
To start I played with lots of fun Glimmer Mist, I wanted the pattern to show through in places because the paper is beautiful but I wanted to tone it down & add more color. I used tattered angels screens & once the mist was dry stamped with some of their destination line. These beautiful stamps are detailed & dramatic. For my journal box I heat embossed with one of the stamps. My title is made with their embossed chipboard framed fonts. I glammed the title which gives it a nice glitter & shine, while painting it, all in 1 step. Stamping on one of the frames & g.misting gave a nice base for the glimmer glass air balloon. I attached "journey" one of the acetate titles from this gorgeous Teresa Collins line. Using Tim Holtz fragments to create charms is an inexpensive way to add dimension to the project, along with his metal sprocket & ball & chain hung through some eyelets. A piece of his tissue tape was the finishing touch. Almost all this product was bought at ScrapbooksPlus, if we don't have it in stock just ask & we will order it for you.

No comments: