Friday, November 12, 2010

Ahoy



Ever get stuck starring at your paper & need inspiration? That is what happened to me on this page. I scraplifted a layout by Emile Ahern that I saw in a scrapbook magazine, with a few changes along the way. That is the great thing about all the inspiration we have available at our finger tips!

I also took a ScrapbooksPlus customers advice & used the beautiful Basic Grey doilie as a stencil. I used it along the left edge of this fabulous Teresa Collins paper & glimmer misted with a few colors by covering parts of the stencil with a piece of paper. I distress inked the journal box which comes from the tag sheet that matches the Giving Things line. I added a clock hand to the clock punch out. A Holtz grunge skull/bones was painted with Glimmer Glam "Be Postive" then swiped with ink to pick up the embossed design. A Jillibean soup sugar pick with a charm attached was put through the skull, adding a little pizazz.
The title is from Thickers. I cut out some black glitter paper & ran it through a border punch then attached it on the edge of the journal box, with the tiny attatcher. Using the bazzill stencil I added some pearl bling. The photo mat is core color paper, embossed & sand papered to allow the 2nd color to come through with the emboss design. Lastly I punched holes between the photos & the journal box, lacing cord through to give it a pirate vest look. So the next time you want to scrap but just can't figure out what to do, use the inspiration all around you in magazines & blogs to get your creativity going!



No comments: