Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Gratitude Journal

A friend of mine has this tradition. She keeps a Thanksgiving Gratitude Journal. Each year as her family prepares to celebrate the holidays she take the time to record what each person in her family is grateful for. I love this idea! I decided that when my kids were old enough I would start this same tradition. When I saw this month DT line I decided that now is the perfect time.



I used the Graphic 45~Staples Collection~Policy Envelope Album as a base for my Gratitude Journal. I added Prima Flowers and Tim Holtz Tissue Tape as well as a few metal accents to embellish the front. I also used embellishments from the from Teresa Collin's~ Giving Thanks product line. The tag in the center front is from the Die Cut Tags sheet. I love these tags because they are double sided which just adds to the creative possibilities.
Once the book is opened you see the back of the "Gratitude Journal" tag. Since it is double sided I I was able to leave it instead of having to cover or embellish it.


The pages of this album are envelopes so I made journaling card to slide into each of the pages. I stamped each of the cards using a sheet music stamp and Antique Linen Distress Ink. It gives a very subtle impression because the ink is so light. I then used the ink to create a halo effect around the journaling card. I learned this and many other inking techniques from the ever inspiring Jen Starr. I am so excited that she is coming back to the store this Friday! I think there are a few spots left in both classes. On the top of each card I added a label from the Teresa Collins ~Giving Thanks~ Transparency Sheet. I simply cut each of them out and adhered them to the paper using Zip Dry adhesive.
I used several other pieces from the Giving Thanks Line to embellish my journal. I also used other punches, stamps, inks, rub-ons, and accents that I found both at the store and in my stash. Its up on the wall at ScrapbooksPlus so stop by the store and check it out.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Skye said...

this is lovely, and what a beautiful idea to record what each person is thankful for each year!

Robin Shakoor said...

Fantastic mini! I think I am going to start this tradition. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.