Thursday, August 16, 2012

Wonders of Water- Port Discovery

We had a wonderful time visiting Port Discovery Children's Museum in MD last summer.   My kids especially loved the Wonders of Waters exhibit.  It was kind of tricky taking photos because the place was so crowded and the lighting was... well, yuck.  I did get photos of all of the fun they had there and wanted to use several of the photos on my LO, afterall scrapbooking for me isn't just about art and design but also about capturing the moments of my children's lives that they will want to remember.  So sometimes I have to scrap odd topics with less than perfect pictures.

 So how do you embellish a LO about a trip to a children's museum?  I decided to use circles layered all over the layout to bring in the different patterned papers and splashes of color, no pun intended. The gears work great here too.  I do have to say that the Tim Holts gear dies I have are much more versatile than I ever thought they would be.


 In this photo I was able to get a picture of my kids (and some other random kid) playing with the pipes.  And in the background you can see my friend's daughter using the water hose to play the instruments.  I wanted the viewer to see both of my subjects so I used circles to draw the eye to both my kids in the foreground and their friend in the upper right corner.



I used one of the flag banners from the Basic Gray Clippings collection.  I love these banners! I think it was the perfect addition to this layout.  It looks really good paired with the gears in the corner. 

The journaling card in the lower left corner made it easy to add color to the layout while telling the story.  I loved these journaling cards, called Snippet and even have a few that I saved for my stash for future journaling use.  I have gotten pretty good at journaling but sometimes I still get stumped so I like to collect things like this to help me when I get stuck. 

No comments: