Thursday, August 9, 2012

Junk Travel Journal           


I decided to make this journal 7” x 5” in size, large enough for lots of pictures, ephemera, & papers etc.; Basic Greys “Clippings” line is great for a travel journal.  I cut coordinating papers about 8” x 6”; I put adhesive on the chip board and then laid the paper over it.  I used a bone folder to score along the edges of the book board and sanded the excess paper off.  I like this smooth look and it is easy to do and you get nice edges.  I did about nine pages.  I cut out a picture of my niece and added chip board under it for a popped affect and put this on the front of the journal; I added coordinating ephemera from the Basic Grey “Clippings” line.  It gave the journal a cute, casual, let’s see where I am going look, loved it.


Inside the album I covered the pages with additional layers of papers, pictures, and “Clippings” ephemera.  I added pockets for those special event ticket stubs and travel items can be tucked safely into for future viewing.  I loved the coordinating “Handmade” sticker and the folio “this book belongs” die cut; I placed both of these on the back of the book, they were perfect.  Used the scrapbook tiles from the line to spell out “Travel” on the front of the book.  I also punched holes along two of the pages and threaded ribbons through leaving it hang off the top and bottom edge.  If you never did this give it a try, it is easy and looks great.  The chip board I used for this book already had tabs on it, but you can always add tabs by making by hand out of the coordinating papers and sticker sheets that come with the line, you can also die cut some as well.  Use a Japanese screw punch or any other type whole punch that goes through chip board.  I used the Cinch to bind the book and tied lots of ribbons to the coil spine to finish off the “Junk Travel Journal).

No comments: