Friday, August 3, 2012

Making It Your Own



Here's the first layout I made with the Basic Grey kit. I started with the Flannel Suit paper:



If you want, you can use the paper as is, just adding your photo, title and journaling. Or, you can mix it up a bit.

First, I turned the page upside down. I then used a craft knife and carefully cut around part of the edge of the photograph. That allowed me to slide a tag under the edge.

I used Distress Markers and a Tim Holtz water brush to add ink to the edges of some of the printed papers.  To do this I scribbled on my craft mat with the marker, then picked up the ink with the waterbrush. Then I applied the ink to the paper, getting a watery, inked effect.

After my photo, I then added embellishments from the Basic Grey collection, along with some Thickers for a title and a leftover Dear Lizzy cloud.

No comments: