Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sewing Themed Card

Since my sister is a seamstress, I tend to buy scrapbooking supplies that have a sewing theme but then don't use them.  The Handmade Quilt paper of the Clippings Line seemed the perfect paper to make use of these.   I combined the paper and its matching buttons, which look like spools, with some stamps I had and presto a sewing themed card. 
 
I used some white cardstock for the card.  For accents, I used Handmade Quilt and Cotton Dress papers.  I cut a message box using a Tim Holtz  Sizzix Mover & Shaper Styled Label die.   Inside I used Technique Tuesday border stamps to add buttons and stitches to border the message.   The message and border were stamped with Black Stazon ink and the some of the pieces were inked with Forest Moss Distress ink. 

No comments: