Sunday, August 19, 2012

Banner Love

I really loved all the papers and embellishments in this month's Basic Grey kit. I had a hard time choosing what to use, as I wanted to use about everything. My favorite was the Confetti Garland paper. I had to use all the banners (and buy another sheet while I was at it).

The garlands & banners are double-sided which is a huge plus!



In the above layout I used the largest banner from the page, choosing the more colorful side.

And below, a smaller banner on another layout. Don't feel shy about cutting it up! I used just five small flags at the top of this layout.


TIP:  Here's a great tip for using these. Carefully punch out around the edges of each flag. Once that's done you'll notice that the stitching goes through the banners AND the paper in between. You can either very carefully tear the paper from each side of the stitch (put your fingers right next to the stitch to tear) or cut just alongside the stitch with a pair of small scissors. You don't want to cut through the thread if you want to keep the banners attached to each other.

No comments: