Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fast, Mini Album

Page of Mini-Album: Note "Family" Tag on Side
On the 12th, I blogged about the ScrapFile I made for the family reunion and promised to write about how to make the little mini-photo album I included on the inside. 

 To make this album, you need only one piece of Chronicle paper.  (Do not cut label trim off.)   Cut the  Chronicle paper in half vertically.  (So you have two pieces 6” x 12” plus about ½” of trim.)  Put the trim at the bottom and score 4” from the top.  (Choose which side you want to be the cover of your album before you score and score accordingly.)  Score the opposite direction 4” further.  (You should now have a three-part accordion with the label at the bottom.) Score the opposite direction where the label joins the paper.  With the 2nd page, put the label at the top, and affix to 1st piece of paper so that the decorated portion of each label shows at the bottom or top of one page.    (This sounds complicated, but when you do it you’ll see it is quite easy.)  Then continue scoring and folding every 4.”

Cover of Mini-Album

When you finish, you will have 12 surfaces to decorate, including front and back.  Since I wanted something that went with my folder layout , I stamped the “cover” with the Tim Holtz “Generations” stamp using Fired Brick Distress Ink. 
Page of Mini-Album: Decorated with Stickers & Garland

I added a picture on the bottom of the cover and at least one on each of the remaining 11 pages.  I expressed appropriate sentiments with stamped messages.  I decorated the pages with tabs, labels  and spools from the Elements Sticker set and a bit of Garland that I had left over. 

That’s all there is to it.  I put the photo album in the pocket of the ScrapFile.  These would also be great to do as a little photo album to share some photos and say thank you.  And they are a great way to use left over embellishments. 

No comments: