Thursday, August 23, 2012

French Desserts

Scrapping the pictures from a French cooking class in my French apartment was lots of fun.  And the Basic Grey Clippings line has such variety that this picture doesn't look anything like the other items I made.  This is an easy layout that you could use for a wide variety of pictures.  The flowers of Cotton Dress and the orange dots of Flannel Suit reminded me of a French country kitchen, but they also reminded me of my grandmothers or a little girl.  Moreover, you could simply use four different pieces of paper and have an entire different look.

The background is Trench Coat and the photo mat is from Cotton Dress.   On the right side it is  7 ½” x 11 and on the left 7 ½” x 5 ½”.  I added a strip of Flannel Suit on the bottom and top of the photo mat, indenting it about 1” from each side.  (Prior to applying I inked it with Mango Mai Tai Powder Puff Ink.)  I scalloped a 2” x 12” of Cotton Dress and glued the bottom to a Bazzill White Perfectly Pleated Strip.  I glued this on top of the Flannel Suit Strip.   You can either cut for right and left before you glue down or afterwards.  Then figure out what pictures fit in the space that you had.  As you can see I cut some of them to new sizes.  I had one to fit inside the Chipboard frame that came in the Printed Chipboard and Alpha set.   I used the unique Clippings Sticker Titles shaped like tags and tied with white/tan twine to fill in some of the space between my pictures.

For title, I used letters cut with the Tim Holtz alpha set.  I stamped them with a stamp of tiny French words and the Mai Tai ink.  For my journaling, I used a piece of Typewriter and brown ink.  Since we made, four desserts, I used this as an opportunity to use numbers made the same as the title.  I framed the journaling piece with Cotton Dress.  I added strips of Cotton Dress and Flannel Suit on the left side.  (They look angled but I used straight strips and glued at an angle.)  I added a brad from the Mixed Brad set and a sticker from the Sticker Title set for emphasis.

No comments: