Friday, August 24, 2012

Happy

I think every month I rave about how much I LOVE the collection the Scrapbooks Plus Design Team selected to work with. And, this month is no different. I absolutely love Basic Grey's Clipping Collection! ;) Talk about versatile; using this collection I scrapped pictures from a high school graduation party and thanksgiving. Some of you are probably thinking the Clipping Collection doesn't even have a graduation or thanksgiving feel or look. And, you're right; however, non-themed collections give you the opportunity to be creative, to think outside the box, and to use pictures you love but haven't had the chance to scrapbook.

Besides being extremely versatile this collection features a number of fun elements including garland, wooden buttons, and snippets. I enjoyed mixing and matching all of these embellishments, not to mention cutting out a number of elements from the patterned paper to add detail to my layout. 


However, while I LOVE all of the embellishments, my favorite thing about this collection is the typography. The character and appearance of the type adds an interesting art to a layout. As you can see below my layout showcases a number of different typefaces and sizes, be it lettering or print on the garland, paper, brads or stickers. Bottom line: I just ADORE everything about this collection! ;)


Paper
Basic Grey – clippings

Embellishments
Basic Grey – mixed brads, snippets, garland, wooden buttons
Prima, Petaloo, and Recollections – flowers
Offray – ribbon

Thanks for looking! Enjoy.
Erica 

No comments: