Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Thankful


Instead of ‘seeing stars’ I started seeing circles and decided to highlight this shape as it seemed to be prevalent throughout the Clippings Collection. Since I only used a small section of the Drafting Table patterned paper I cut out several circles from the remnant and arranged them along the left side of my layout. In addition, I used a portion of the Typewriter patterned paper, the circle shaped garland, and wooden buttons to ensure I continued the circle theme.

I also added a V shape to a number of the patterned papers, as well as to the Cotton Dress patterned paper (background). I simply cut a V shape out of chipboard and traced this shape onto each piece of paper. I then cut the V shape out and distressed the edges using a distressing tool. Often times the distressing tool adds a grunge look to your layout. Since I was scrapping a girly picture I decided to add lace and rhinestones to balance out the distressed, grunge look and give it a softer, feminine look.


I hope you’ve enjoyed all of the DT inspiration this month there were so many fabulous layouts, cards and altered items.

Thanks for looking, enjoy!
Erica 

No comments: