Thursday, January 21, 2010

Snow Layout??

Browns for a snow layout?? Sure, why not!

Last year Santa brought my kids sleds for Christmas. And they were so eager to use them ... but we didn't get the snow. Can't say that about this year! These sleds have gotten plenty of use to make up for it.

For this layout, I changed my photograph to black and white - Rachel's pink jacket and purple sled would surely have clashed with this paper. But this way she stands out -- her expression -- and not the bold colors of the original photo.

I first used a die cut to make the bracket shape. After choosing a paper to mat my photo, I cut out one of the flowers from another part of the paper to use. Then I layered a few stamped & embossed snowflakes adhered with pop dots. All on top of one of the fabulous Maya Road journaling tags that I picked up at ScrapbooksPlus. The chipboard alphas are also Maya Road. After debating and debating on what to do to them, I decided I just liked them raw.

1 comment:

matushka said...

I love the raw chipboard and the stamped snowflakes... they are lovely!