Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Juxtaposition


I love that word...juxtapostion...and love how it subtly worked on this layout.  Inspired by Loretta's page map, I first went to create this all-boy page of my son Zach in the snow after returning not too many weeks before from the World Series game in New York.  But once I got the winter/boy themed page together, it wasn't quite right.  I decided to let my title lead me.  I pulled out my stash of Prima and started to work.  I thought the white-pink pearl flourish would be great to symbolize the wind of winter, so I cut a piece away and added it to the photo with a snowflake attached with a pearl brad.  I just couldn't resist that pinky-pearly butterfly, so I thought what other better way to capture the dreams of spring.  Butterflies and snowflakes; pearls and boys; winter and spring.  Now there's juxtaposition in its finest.
Enjoy!

No comments: