Friday, January 29, 2010

Cork Paper? Really?

Okay... so I HAD heard of cork paper, but I had never actually used it before. I went into Scrapbooks Plus in search of some new Thickers, and happened to see 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of cork paper near the Coordinations. I decided to pick up a piece to try out with some of my vintage photo copies and the Man About Town papers from Upsy Daisy Designs.



The cork paper is ultra thin... not a bulletin board thickness here. And it can really be used just like regular paper. It was super easy to cut on my guillotine trimmer... and when you tear it, it makes a very cool looking edge! I did tear it extra slowly to make sure not to end up with a tear going further than I needed. I adhered it to the paper with Zip Dry liquid glue to make sure that it would stay in place. My ATG would probably work too if the layout was in a page protector in an album, but I wanted to be sure it wouldn't come down while on display.

thanks for stopping by!
erin

PS. The gameboard pieces I used in the title came from an old collage project that I planned, but never actually completed. You can get a similar look by using rubons or stamped letters on punched squares of cardstock. Mount them on chipboard scraps or with dimensional foam squares.

No comments: