Saturday, January 9, 2010

Playing with Shapes

One of the papers in this month's kit had this great argyle pattern in shades of blue and I decided to play with the diamond shape, starting with trimming around the edges. I cut some more diamonds out of a coordinating paper, creating a large frame on the left and placing the piece I cut out of the middle on the lower right as a frame for the journaling block - using a craft knife gave me a nice clean shape. I added a small diamond in the upper right for balance. I had planned the layout of the pictures and printed them with a white border, but they needed something more so out came an edge punch with the same kind of shape. I was happy but did not know where to go next - so I went to bed!

When I woke up the next morning, I knew what the title of the layout had to be - and no, it was not because of my choice of breakfast cereal! Anyway, I pulled out my much loved and waaaay underused Cricut Printing Press cartridge and cut the title, making it large enough to span both pages. I inked the edges and chalked the surfaces, but something was still missing...

...a little shine! So out came the Pearl Ex and the water pen loaded with Future floor wax, and I frosted the edges of each block in the title. A little glitter on the die cut snowflake and...voila!

No comments: