Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January Cards

OK, after the two feet of snow we got several weeks ago I'm not sure I agree with my sentiment anymore ....


... but you might! I used two different pieces of patterned paper from Upsey Daisy Designs for this, and layered a vellum piece with flocked snowflakes. I liked how the branches looked like they were falling from the sky.



For this card I started with a piece of kraft paper. I cut a smaller rectangle of the same paper and distressed the edges. Then I made a flower for the center from a scrap piece of chipboard (painted & inked), a Maya Road journaling tag and a circle of the Upsey Daisy Designs paper.

You should check out the Maya Road tags -- ScrapbooksPlus has them in several different shapes and they are wonderful - thicker than regular kraft paper and thinner than chipboard. I love them - look for them on several of my projects this month.

No comments: