Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bittersweet Good-Bye


This will be my last post on the Scrapbooks-Plus Design Team as I did not try-out for the 2010 DT.  I have mixed feelings about taking this year off, and I will surely miss the challenge and excitement of the monthly DT kits.  I have many fond memories of my time on the DT and wanted to share with you some of my all-time favorite layouts created by some of my fellow DT members this past year.

Top of my list of favs is this layout by Susie using the Basic Grey Marrakech line of papers...I will always remember that big elephant -and only Susie could pull it off!

And I loved her "Little Guy" layout of that oh-so cute Box Turtle.




And who could forget that Scenic Route layout from June 2008. I love how she cut out all of those waves and wove the rays of sunshine through.


Susie is such the clever girl!!

Erin has created some awesome one-page layouts this year and I had a hard time picking just one. I loved her "Up Close and Personal" title and the clean lines of her color-block design. (and not too much GLITTER could ever be found on Erin's layouts!)


I also love the romatic flair of this layout featuring the papers of her own kit selection. Her folded flowers are exquisite and work beautifully on the design.


And speaking of clean lines, Deborah is another scrapbooker that is very linear in her approach to her layouts. I love this single page layout of her daughter.


And I admire her braveness is chopping off her daughter's head in her Easter layout.  (I'm not sure I could have managed to do that!) The result was stunning!



Loretta is another scrapbooker whose approach is clean and balanced with artful photography that just jumps off the page.  I loved her COWBOY layout especially.



Lisa, like Susie, had so many artful designs, I had a tough time picking my favorite.  But her latest Christmas layout knocked it out of the park for me.  Beautiful simplicity!



Lisa did this very cool Halloween layout in 2008 that I really inspired me...I'm not sure I had ever used flowers on a "boy" layout until I saw how perfect this one turned out.




Esther has such warmth and charm in her approach to designing artful layouts.  I especially liked her pinwheel featured in the June submissions.



Kim was our only eclectic scrapper, and I'm hopeful to see more of her crazy, off-the-wall style next year.  I loved her OUTERBANKS layout. Unfortunately, my favorite layout she displayed in 2008 was never photographed or blogged, but it gave new meaning to eclectic interpretation!  I SO wish I could emulate that her style!


Misty's use of color on a monotone palette worked well in this simple layout using the My Mind's Eye papers.



I have been fortunate to work with such a group of talented ladies.  It is indeed a bittersweet farewell. I will miss the inspiration I have gained from each of you as individuals, and as artists. You can still find me at my blog sharonvm.blogspot.com where I will still showcase layouts and projects.

To all the 2010 DT members, I congratulate you in being selected for this year's Design Team and wish you all the best in your creative endeavors.  I cannot wait to see what new ideas and inspiration you will bring to our readers!

No comments: