Sunday, November 29, 2009

Working Those Edges


The diecut piece from the Moravia line reminded me of the inside of beautiful old churches. I've wanted to do a layout of St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Serbin, Texas for a while. I took quite a few photos last summer at a family reunion... enough for a good 2-page layout, but I wasn't sure how to stretch the one piece of paper across the two pages. I decided to carefully cut the border off of two sides and piece it back together into one, long border. The Thickers were orginally pink... but a coat of gesso and some Tim Holtz crackle paint took care of that. I accented the layout with white paper flowers, those lovely American Crafts bling brads, some of the epoxy stickers from the Moravia line, and an extra circle design from the die-cut paper. All of my photos are standard size, so I added emphasis to the center photo by matting it with the Maple Leaf patterned paper which really picks up the colors of the chandeliers.

I'm not sure if you can read the journaling, but Serbin Church is the oldest Lutheran church in the state of Texas.... and it has the highest pulpit of any church in Texas - up on the second floor looking down! Just a little intimidating! :)

thanks for stopping by,
erin

No comments: