Sunday, June 1, 2008

What to do with those extra pics?

I don't know about the rest of you... but when I have a favorite picture I often get several sizes printed since I know that I'll be scrapping it, but am not sure of the size that I'll need. Of course that means that after I scrap it I end up with extras... and since it's one of my favorites, I just can't bear to toss it! :) I've been slowing switching all of my photos into Stacy Julian's system (I picked up her Photo Freedom book at Scrapbooks Plus when it first hit the shelves... LOVE it!). As I was sorting all my photos, per Stacy's instructions, I came across one of the many extra enlargements of my daughter and decided that I need to do a non-event page about one of her personality traits: she's a bit timid and really has to check things out before she'll take part. Once she's in, she's in... but if she isn't comfortable there is no convincing her. This is what I came up with:
I used some HeidiSwapp clear letters for the title and cut a little flower out of the the Jenni Bowlin floral paper as an accent... which also helps to emphasize the topic. The lined paper is great for adding journaling easily! The clear letters went on great with a little bit of Glossy Accents. You can barely see it and the dry time was enough to give some playing time to make sure everything was in place properly.
Now that I've given you one way to use your extra photos, what things do you do with your extras?

No comments: