Sunday, June 1, 2008

Cards galore!

One of the things that I love about the Jenni Bowlin paper this month, is how just little pieces of it look great, especially those cute little butterflies... which makes it great for creating cards! Although I'm a reluctant card maker, I've already made three out of this line!

Card #1:

I got my punches out for this one, which makes it fast and ultra easy! Four square punches later I had the background. I added a scalloped circle punch and a regular circle to the middle with popdots. I hand cut around the stamped message and added it on top to finish it off and Voila!


Card #2:

I used a few larger scraps that I had laying around and hand cut one of the Jenni Bowlin floral sections... it wasn't has hard as it looks! Adding a couple of words from the Jenni Bowlin music patterned paper made it complete.

Card #3:

Back to those punches again! This one has 5 square punches of different patterned papers. I added a chipboard butterfly from Scenic Route that I saw in the store and painted with Tim Holtz crackle paint in Broken China. Some of the Kaiser pearls make a great trail accent.(there are even different shades of pearls at the store.. some more pinky, some more tan... and the best part - lots in the package!)
Thanks for taking a look!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look lovely! I am card-challenged, so it is nice to see such wonderful examples.

Cassi said...

what brand is your scallop circle punch? what size is it?

thanks much!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cassi!

I love scalloped edge punches and have quite a few from Marvy. I use them a lot and have never had one give out on me like some of my other punches. Also, they feature a little, clear plastic tray that catches the punch... so they don't end up on the floor, under the desk, etc. The one used here was a 2 inch size... it's the blue one. Marvy names tham all with a size like "mega" or "giga", but they also color-code them which I think is easier to remember!

HTH!
erin