Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's a RAK!

UPDATE!!! The drawing is tonight at 6:00 PM. Just a few more hours to post a comment with either a question for the Design Team or an idea for some content you'd like to see & be entered in a drawing to win the "Notes" minibook below! Please don't forget to include a way to contact you if you are the winner (name, email, link to your blog).

So the other night I was out at ScrapbooksPlus cropping with Kim and another friend of ours. We're out there pretty much every Wednesday night -- just cropping, chatting, and, of course, shopping. We were talking with Pam and we realized that we have not had any giveaways or RAKs on the blog yet.

So, I'm going to change all that!

Do you remember this darling little notebook?


Well, it could be yours! I had a ton of fun making this little notebook, and I'm going to share it with one of our lovely readers. If you'd like to enter to receive the notebook, leave a comment on this post with either a question for the Design Team or an idea for some content you'd like to see, as well as some way to contact you if you are the winner (name, email, link to your blog). We'd love to hear from you!


At 6:00 p.m. next Friday (June 6th), I'll have my husband pick a name randomly from the comments to receive the notebook. I'll contact the winner to make arrangements for you to pick up the book at ScrapbooksPlus if you're local, or to mail the book to you if you're one of our world-traveling readers.


We'd love for you to help us make this your blog -- one you'd love to come to for tips, projects and more. Please drop us a line and let us know how we're doing and what type of content you'd like to see in the future. We'd love to hear from you!

15 comments:

MB said...

Love the blog and love this book! I like to make little experience books for my daughter to talk about all the places we've been and to work on developing vocabulary.

I am always looking for ways to make fun books for her to touch and feel but also looking for ways to make them childproof!

Unknown said...

I've been reading your blog for a little while. Loved the altered ATG Gun! I would like to see more how-to's with the different tools that are available. Especially when new product comes out, it would be nice to see a visual of how it can be used. Your store is a bit of a hike for me, but since it's the only one left in the area, I don't need much of an excuse to stop by!
Sue in Alexandria VA

Anonymous said...

I am addicted to the blog and look forward to seeing the creative ways the team turns ordinary papers into masterpieces. I enjoy the minibooks as well and would like to see more of those and perhaps, challenges for us to try. For example, make a minibook of a time when... using the design team paper of the month.

Just a thought!
Angela

Kathryn said...

These are all good ideas, ladies! I love them all!

Maybe an ABC minibook? And it could be childproofed by running the pages through the Xyron laminator before running them through the Bind-It-All to make them more durable? Just thinking out loud here -- I'm definitely all about the mini books!

I'm sure the other ladies and I can cook up some good tutorials.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy the minibooks and recently bought the Bind-It-All. I'd love to see more of these, perhaps in a summer theme.

Sher (sherba31@hotmail.com)

Anonymous said...

I love reading the blog. And I love minibooks. I have kind of gotten away from my usual 12 x 12 scraping and have
been "minibooking" for a while. It's great fun!

From Marsha (an X-SBP design team member)

Anonymous said...

Your projects are wonderful. I enjoy looking at the variety of different types of projects that you do. After seeing your projects, I want to rush to Scrapbooks-Plus and buy all the supplies to make the project. Recently, I saw a wonderful project with the lined red paper with the daisy punched around the edge. I wanted to get the paper but they were out. Luckily, after describing it to someone who worked at the store they figured out the name of the paper. Could you tell us what papers etc. you use. Keep up the excellent work!
~ Beth Mom to 4

Gail R said...

I've been enjoying the blog also. I love seeing the pictures of projects the design team has done with the monthly project, but I'd love to see some additional ones with new papers and/or embellishments etc. that S.P. has recently received.
Gail - (gailric@msn.com)

Lauren P said...

Just found the blog and I'm glad I did. I love to scrapbook, but sometimes I need a little creative jumpstart. I'd love to see ideas for mini books or brag books. I'm also fairly new to scrapbooking and would love to be exposed to some different tools, examples of what you can do with them.

Lauren
galxichic(at)hotmail(dot)com

Cassi said...

I'd love to see altered art, and more mini books. I typically shop in the store on Wednesday's -- gotta love the coupon. I need to find that post about the altered ATG gun -- just got one. I just got into Glimmer Mists -- maybe you could feature a blog project with them( I know the store is going to do a demo). Excited about the blog -- also -- I'd love challenges on the blog. Winner gets some store product!!

Kathryn said...

I love all the comments, ladies! This is great! I especially like to read that so many of you are fans of mini books -- I love them, too!

Your ideas are great. I think that the tutorials using tools and products is a great idea, as well as maybe having some challenges on the blog -- we'll have to check into that as well.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

fran h said...

I just found your blog via carol wingerts. I also would love to see more mini books. Takes less time and you can just as creative

fran heupel
jfcheupel@yahoo.com

tudorwench said...

I would love to see a Scrapbook in a Day class like Recollections used to have. Those were always a ton of fun!

Lauren P said...

I know this is a second entry for me, but I love the Scrapbook-in-a-day idea!

Lauren P
galxichic(at)hotmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Yay. How exciting. I'll be sure to pick it up when I go to Carol Wingert's classes this weekend.

Thanks for the RAK,
Sher