Thursday, June 26, 2008

How to use index prints...

Okay, I promised I would show you the inside of my mini-book today.




First let me say how much I love the double sided paper this month from Scenic Route. I cut the strip of surfboards out for the cover, and the flip side of the paper is this cool yellow and orange pattern where I used my Autumn Leaves journaling stamp.
I did something kind of fun with the next page, which is actually just (2) photos glued back to back. Those tiny pictures are actually from the index print I got with my picture order. Nothing fancy, just used some glue and popped them straight onto the picture. (If you want to see a larger image, just click on the picture.) I like it because it tells more of the story and I don't have to feel guilty about throwing away the index print! I have been trying to figure out for a while how to use them, so sprinkling them throughout this book made me very happy!
I used the chipboard pieces on this picture of a seagull on a pier piling. I think it looks like a signpost! This little book went together so fast because the pages were double-sided and coordinated so well. Throw in the stickers and chipboard...and it couldn't have been easier!

2 comments:

peata said...

great mini.
i like to use the index prints too.

scrapbook-crazy mini scrapbook blog
mini album competition

Kathryn said...

This book is totally cute! I love what you did with the papers. This kit has been so much fun!