Monday, June 16, 2008

A Real "Dream" Page...

Does anybody else create in their sleep? It happens to me all the time...

This month things were really crazy around my house so I didn't get to start working with my Design Team Kit right away. I took everything out and drooled over the Scenic Route papers, and then put them away. I didn't forget about them, though, because I woke up one morning and knew exactly how I was going to start this layout!

I took out my Cutter Bee exacto knife and sliced most of the sun's rays along the bottom half of that paper. Then I trimmed out the wave paper and "married" the two of them, pulling forward a little ray of sunshine here and there. A couple of times I had to slice into the wave so that the "sunshine" would lay properly on the page.

I had noticed the Accu-cut swirl die back at Scrapbooks Plus, and it reminded me of the waves. After a trip to the store (where I also bought some terrific Luxe clear acrylic stamps that will undoubtedly show up on some of my future pages) I was back in business. I painted the chipboard green and then pulled out my Pearl Ex to try a slightly different technique using Future floor polish! I filled a Waterbrush with Future and used it to apply the Pearl Ex. I also painted in some shimmery details on the fishies I had cut out. Once it had dried, there was no need to seal these items with acrylic spray to keep the Pearl Ex from rubbing off. Love it! A couple of pop dots for dimension...Done!

Now the bottom of the page was finished and the top half needed some more "weight". I had a die cut of a sun, but it really didn't work, so I used my scissors and trimmed out the thin outline of the sun that was left on the diecut paper (I love to squeeze every little bit out of my kit!). I added a little Pearl Ex...and it looked good, but still not quite right. Soooo I dug into my stash and found some sunshine yellow mulberry paper with a gold paisley pattern. Perfect! I adhered the mulberry paper and the sun outline with Memory Mount.

The final touch was the title which I ended up printing from my word processor. I tried to add a tag for journaling several times but I just couldn't find a spot that made me happy. In retrospect, I think I could have made the sun into a flap, and journaled behind it. There really wasn't much I wanted to add - this was one of those rare moments when they were all together and happy and not bickering - so "Sibling Revelry" really says it all for me!

4 comments:

nancy said...

What a beautiful page! I love how you cut out the sun's rays and overlapped them onto the water paper. Thanks for the polish tip. That's something I'm definitely going to try!

Kathryn said...

This is beautiful! I love how the sun's rays are penetarting the waves & that you have the fishies are swimming along. So perfect! Amazing job!

Lisa H said...

So pretty! Love how you cut the rays and incorporated them with the waves!

SharonVM said...

It's a dream page in more ways than one! Simply beautiful.