Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Paper's not just for scrapbooking....


I decided to go off the beaten path of my normal altered items this month. I was inspired by our own Karen Bearse and her beautiful bag that she made. So using this month's paper from Webster's Pages I decided to make a canvas bag with the Time of My Life and Groomed Traveler paper. I just fell in love with the clocks on the Time of My Life paper!

I used the center of the Groomed Traveler and cut out the clocks off the Time of My Life paper. For the bag itself I used some painter's canvas that I had in my closet. I used a mask from Prima and sprayed some watered down turquoise acrylic paint (that I had put in a spray bottle). I love the way it came out for the background! I then did an image transfer of my quote (which I printed out on computer paper and made sure that I did the quote backwards!) using some of Claudine Hellmuth's Multi-Medium in Matte. I adhered the paper to the canvas with some iron-on adhesive. I then glued down the clocks I cut out and some of Tim Holtz's clocks with Helmar 450 glue (which in my opinion is the best glue out there!). I then put a coat of the multi medium over all the paper (but not over the metal clocks!). I sewed the bag together.
I used some more Prima flowers and made a flower out of scrap canvas that I had and sprayed it again with the paint/water mixture. I used the ribbon trim to finish the top seam and covered the top with the ribbon flowers. I then attached handles and it was finished!



Enjoy!
Lisa

No comments: