Saturday, June 4, 2011

Flower Girl

I love this months paper! Websters makes some beautiful designs although they are not always easy to turn into layouts. Part of the problem is not wanting to cut the paper! I decided to do a canvas with a photo of my daughter smelling this beautiful flower. First I positioned the photo & marked it off. I did have a challenge as once it was painted the marks would not come of & had to be hidden with ribbon! I started by spraying with GMist using a Prima stencil. I sprayed multiple colors, letting them pool & the effect is like a watercolor painting. I adhered the paper I had fussy cut as well as the photo with gel medium. I covered the photo with a piece of card stock as I continued to work, trying to keep it clean. I put random stamps using an archival ink. Next chipboard was painted with GGlam & paint. I mixed Liquitex glass beads with ink & added them to the Prima flowers to add some bling. Websters flower ribbon was adhered to the bottom of the page using Helmar 450-my new favorite glue.

The butterflies were made using Tholtz alterations die cut with chipboard & more of the Webster paper. More of the glass beads were added & I made the body out of wire & beads. Finally I randomly added dots using a piece of packaging with Lumiere paints painted on it. This will be a lovely addition to my daughters room.
Supplies:
Paper by Webster
THoltz Alterations-mini butterflies
Glimmer Mist-Vintage Pink, Key Lime Pie, English Ivy & Sugar Plum Fairy
Glimmer Glam-Tutu Pink
Ink-Brillance Pearlescent Ivy by Tsukineko
Prima - flowers
Paint-Lumiere


1 comment:

Megan said...

Love this canvas. The textures, colors.. beautiful!!