Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Twig by Little Yellow Bicycle

This month's DT kit is from Little Yellow Bicycle's paper collection called Twig. It is such pretty paper with blues, greens,browns and creams. There is even some really cute birds on some of the papers. Twig works so well for any kind of layout! There is a great selection of embellishments with Twig too~ make sure you stop by ScrapbooksPlus and check it out! The designers this month have done a fabulous job with their projects~make sure you check out the DT Wall while you are there!

Enjoy!
Lisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I spoke to Debbie and she suggested that I contact the design team with my question. I am making a scrapbook that has an acrylic cover. I want to attach a heavy pocket watch to the cover, but do not know what product to use that is strong enough to hold it, but will not show through the acrylic. Velum sticky is too weak. Do you have any suggetions?
Karen Wires
knwires@msn.com

Deborah Mahnken said...

I would suggest a liquid glue that dries clear, such as glossy accents or zip dry. Either way, you still may be able to see the glue on the other side of the acrylic. What I've done before is to add an embellishment to the other side of the cover to hide the glue area (flower, brad, sticker, etc.)

The other way to go, depending on how thick your watch is, would be to attach with a wires, kinda like sewing it on. You'd have to punch holes in the acrylic (crop-a-diles work) and the wires would show, but more like part of the design (as opposed to glue).

Here's one I did: http://scrapbooks-plusdt.blogspot.com/2010/10/halloween-mini-book.html

I alcohol inked & stamped the cover as well as wire. HTH