Monday, February 28, 2011

Quick Two-Page Layouts


My scan went a bit wonky this month, but here's a quick and easy formula for two page layouts. Does having lots of photos stump you? Or having just a bit too many to fit in a one-page layout? Here's a solution that you can use over and over again.

I had these pictures of my daughter's ballet class. I placed them across the page, tying to line them up close to the middle. Then, I added a block of patterned paper behind the photos, leaving an edge on the right. On the left, a block of a complementary pattern. To balance out the dark floors in my photo, I added a scrap of transparency over the paper.

A tip: when you have photos that span both pages, try to align them so that you don't make a cut through your main subject. Here, I shifted my blocks so that I divided my middle photo just to the left of my daughter.

Once your blocks are set, it's time to embellish. I added a title in dark grey Thickers, and a ribbon crossing the entire block. The ribbon acts like a line, and helps draw the eye across the layout to my title. A bit of embellishing, and I'm happy.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Love this layout! I have similar photos of my daughter and plan on to scraplift this layout.