Friday, March 11, 2011

beach life... lazy days

I think my favorite thing about this line by Little Yellow Bicycle is that it is so versatile. The papers can be used for summer or winter, boy or girl, holiday or everyday.

I like the blue in Diamond Dust and the green in the decorative edge cardstock together for a beach layout. Although they really could be used just as easily for a snow layout, or a birthday layout, or even a baby layout.




Lisa put some canvas in our kits this month and I used strips of it beneath my corrugated cardboard letters to give a beach feel to the layout. I placed blue ribbon behind the canvas to help it pop. I liked the three words with the canvas behind them but four was too much so I decided to use this floral applique instead behind the word "life." It came on a shirt I bought for my daughter. She said it itched her so I removed it from the shirt and saved it for a layout!!
The "Beach Day" checklist and "Day at the Beach" embellishments are from Tattered Angels. I used Olive Vine and Patina Glimmer Mist on the "day at the beach" piece on the right page.



On the checklist I first splattered a bit of Wicked Glimmer glaze. Then I sprayed it with Olive Vine mist and Peacock chalk. The glaze acted as a resist for the mist so where the drops of glaze were splattered the paper didn't pick up the color of the mist. I love this technique that I stumbled upon and thought it would work really well on this beach layout.








I added some of the sticker embellishments from this line around the layout saying Life, Explore and Outdoors. To finish the layout I added a rosette using the Tim Holtz Paper Rosette die that Lisa also included in the kits. The center of the rosette is the other side of the Diamond Dust paper. I love this die and use it all the time. I hope I have inspired you!

No comments: