Thursday, March 31, 2011

Twiggy Card


Love, Love Love the Twig collection from Little Yellow Bicycle. Anything with brown in it just warms my heart!

This was an easy card to make. I also like the appearance of a 3-dimensional butterfly. To make it, I cut out several butterflies using the same punch. I used about 10 butterflies. I kept them together and stitched it together using thin twine. I made a knot in the back and cut off the excess twine. I left some of it sticking out to look like the antennae. A very easy technique that can be used on multiple projects. Be sure to have a look at it next time you are at Scrapbooks Plus. This technique can be used with hearts, flowers and other small insects like dragonflies to give the illusion of a 3-dimensional design. Have fun with it!

No comments: