Sunday, December 27, 2009

Repurpose Christmas Papers for New Years!

SEI Christmas Mint Paper isn't just for Christmas layouts. The colors and patterns work well for a variety of different themes including one of my New Year's layouts from 2008. Here I used the greens to match my scarf in this one-page layout of my husband and I at Disney in the freezing weather (believe it or not, it was colder there than here when we were in Orlando on New Year's Day in 2008! I had to buy that scarf - and a jacket - since I didn't take one with me.)
The flowers are Prima and can be purchased at Scrapbooks-Plus. The flourishes were cut from glitter paper using a Sissix die. I used some blue Smooch on them to alter the color a bit. I drew the hearts free hand and cut them out from glitter paper. I applied both blue and purple smooch to get the color I wanted and added just a bit more Martha Stewart glitter. I even added green Smooch to the rhinestone at the center of the flower to match my green-theme. And don't you just love the feathers? They are from a craft pack of different colors I purchased for a kids project a few years ago. I like the effect of the green one on the top right hand corner of the photograph - reminds me of Tinkerbell!
I wish you all a wonderful new year with the beginning of a new decade. Happy New Year!

No comments: