Monday, December 14, 2009

Snowman ornament


I really love snowmen. When Scrapbooks Plus got the Stretchy Snowman set from Stampendous I bought it right away. I had all sorts of ideas in my head about the things I could create with these stamps!

I have to admit, I scraplifted this idea from the Hero Arts blog. I fell in love with the technique and have used it a bunch in making my Christmas cards this year!


To make the snowman part of the card you need the following products: stamp, Staz ON ink, Glossy Accents and glitter. I cut a 4 1/2 in circle from a Clear Scraps 12x12 acrylic sheet that Scrapbooks Plus carries. Stamp your image on to the acrylic (after you have remove the protective covering)with the Stazon ink.


Now this part is important, FLIP over your circle so that you are working with the side you haven't stamped on. Fill in your image with Glossy Accents.



Pour glitter over the Glossy Accents and set aside to dry. I usually leave mine overnight so that I know it has dried completely.





When it is dry, tap off the excess glitter, punch a hole in the circle add some ribbon and you have got an ornament.

I adhered the circle to a scallop circle that I cut out of my Cricut and inked the edges with a silver Smooch ink.

Enjoy!


Lisa





No comments: