Friday, December 18, 2009

Got Cards?


It’s almost Christmas and you can tell by the line in the Post Office! I stopped in to get my Holiday stamps last weekend so that I can get my cards in the mail. Some years I buy cards, and other years I make them myself. I always get comments and calls on the ones I do myself… it’s such a nice touch over a purchased card. Making all your cards, though, can be daunting. You have to have a plan and a good assembly line to make it work.

This card made with SEI’s Christmas Mint line is a great choice with a few pieces of patterned paper, some punches, a stamp, and a bow. The wreath was punched with the extra-large Marvy Uchida scalloped circle. Then I used a 7/8-inch circle punch for the center hole. A simple stamped greeting peeks out from underneath. If your circle punch doesn’t reach far enough into your wreath shape, just use the circle to punch out your greeting and adhere it over the top. Don't have a stamp? Handwrite a message or leave it blank instead (just use a darker color of cardstock or let the patterned paper underneath show through. A little bow finishes it off. A beautiful Christmas card without breaking a sweat! Voila! Truly tying the bow was the hardest part. Even the kids could help make the pieces for a great rainy day project.

Thanks for stopping by!
erin

No comments: